South Africa’s oldest and Cape Towns’ largest mass participation sporting event
The Discovery Cape Times Big Walk is back for another step in the right direction.
For many years the walk has encouraged thousands of people to walk for the good of others, and to do something enriching and refreshing for themselves, physically and emotionally.
With distances ranging from 5km to 80km, there is a walk for everyone, whether you’re experienced, new to the sport or simply in it for the fun and good doing. Coca Cola, Powerade and Water stations are set up to keep you fresh and hydrated, while First Aid facilities will be available throughout the route.
Beneficiaries of the event include CANSA, Steenberg Foundation and Nazareth House. Let your friends and family in on the fun and start preparing for one of the biggest events in Cape Town. Walk, walk, walk!
• 5km Starts from UCT Rugby Fields at 10h00
• 10km Starts from Grand Parade, Cape Town City at 08h00
• 11km Starts from NY49 Sports Fields, Gugulethu at 07h30
• 13km Starts from Corner Main / Zwaans Road, Retreat at 07h30
• 15km Starts from Sea Point Promenade (parking lot next to swimming pools) at 06h30
• 20km Starts from Milnerton (opposite Woodbridge Island) at 08h00
• 25km Starts from Fish Hoek Beach at 08h30
• 30km Starts from Long Beach, Simons Town at 09h00
• 50km Starts from Fish Hoek Beach at 06h15
• 80km Starts from St Georges Grammer School, Mowbray 03h45
See full event details
||04 August 2014